Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Perm SCS, medical id bracelet or card?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in Pain Management
HI,
It has been a while, I am about 5 wks post op and doing ok, but getting ready to go back out into the real world. I was wondering if any of you that have the perm scs either wear the a medical id or carry the card? I was given a temporary card after surgery, but that is all. I am not really 100% sure it is neccesary to do either, so again, I look to the experts!!

Take care!

advertisement

Comments

• Your permanent card should come in the mail from the company. If you don't see it soon, then contact your rep.

I found that it helps to have the card with me. Traveling and visiting areas with security screening.

Plus in a worst "what if" scenario. If you were to be involved in some sort of accident and no one was there to speak for you to say NO MRI, then your card would keep you from being further injured and your SCS from being damaged.

"C"
  • I wear a medical alert watch, carry the card in my purse, and have a medical altert tag attached to the pouch I keep my remote control in.

To me, it's such a little bit of effort to insure I'm safe if I can't speak for myself. God forbid I become unconscious for some reason and wake up in an MRI machine :SS
  • advertisement
  • What about those who have the hardware in the neck?
  • You should definitely check out the medical bracelets at SOS Talisman here: http://www.medical-bracelets.co.uk/
  • I keep my card from medtronics in my wallet, just in case I am unable to speak for myself at some really important time when I may have been incapacitated and don't have a family member with me.
  • advertisement
advertisement