Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Golf after C3-C7 ACDF

I had a 4 level ACDF, C3-C7 done back in early June. Surgery went well, rehab has gone extremely well. Has anyone played golf after a similar procedure? Just looking to see what I should expect.

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,434

People that have had spinal surgeries (cervical and lumbar) have been able to return to playing golf.   But almost 95% of those, need to adjust or limit the way they played.  There are a number of golf pros out there that specifically work with players who have had spinal surgery.

If you just go out and do it on your own, you are taking a chance of creating some painful flareups

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • LSUFan1208 , I had a C3-C7 ACDF last week ( Jan. 9th ) . Please keep us informed on your journey back to playing golf. Fishing is my #1 passion & what I most hope & work toward being able to do again. Golf is right behind as for an activity I'm anxious to get back to doing. Hopefully, you'll have successful tales to share with us & help inspire those of us seeking similar goals.  Good luck.......Take care

• advertisement
  • I'm due for a L5/L6 & L6/L7 fusion in June and not looking forward to giving up my golf for a period of time. Hope to post updates on progress as it happens.