Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Annular tear with Labia Majora/ Labia Minoria pain

I injured my back at work on August 30, 2017. 

The first doctor I saw said that my MRI was "beautiful" and there wasn't any injuries to my disc. So he said "we"ll just call it a sprain" . With tears falling down my checks, I pleaded that there must be something more.  My attorney told me the MRI stated that I have an Annular tear on my L5 disc so I requested another doctor. 

I'm waiting to see the panel of four doctor and I'm in unbearable pain. The sciatica in my buttocks and down my legs is almost constant. 

Has anyone experienced nerve pain in the genital area, mostly in the Labia Majora and Labia Minora area? It started hurting in December while laying on my side but now its constantly hurting. 

I called the workman's comp nurse and she said that she has never heard of pain in the Labia area with a injury on L5 lumbar disc and I need to see a GYN with my personal insurance. I have an appointment with my GYN but its not for another two weeks. 

I am in need of some advice!! 

advertisement

Comments

• L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 1,481
    edited 01/22/2018 - 5:10 AM

Hi Holly,

Since the injury happened in August and the labial pain didn’t start until December is it possible the labial pain isn’t related? 

Radiculopathy following the injury likely would have radiated to all affected areas in the first few weeks following the injury, I would think.

What are the allowed conditions in your claim at this point?

Is radiculopathy allowed in your claim or only a muscle strain?

• I was actually hurt on two different occasions. 

The first time I was moving a sofa and it felt like a sharp pain going across my buttocks followed by pain down my right leg. I thought that I had pulled a muscle so I continue to work.

Two days later I was loading a sofa into the back of a truck. The pain sent a sensation running down the inside of my thighs. 

I'e been in bed for four months. I can' sit for very long, any part of my buttocks and/or legs that are pressed on will cause severe nerve pain on that part. Laying on my side causes pain and numbness on the opposite side of my body than the side I'm laying on. Any activity, like cooking a meal will put me in unbearable pain for days after.  

The Workmans Comp company went bankrupt so there has been a delay in getting me to the panel of four doctor. 

So.... It actually isn't a pulled muscle. The first doctor has a reputation of being on the W.C. side. He said that I had a strain somewhere in my lumbar but didn't know where. I found out about the Annular Tear after I hired an attorney and she said the MRI showed an Annular Tear on my L5 disc. 

Yes, I believe its related.

Thank you for your response. 

• advertisement
  • I just don’t understand how the doctor can say your MRI is “beautiful” if the accompanying report stated an annular tear. 

Did the doctor and your lawyer read the same MRI report? 

Or did your lawyer hire a different radiologist to interpret your MRI and that’s how the tear was discovered?