Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Herniation/DDD/Bulge?

Hey Guys,

My name is Akash, and I am 18 years old. About 6 months ago, in the summer I woke up to a numb leg. Apparently, I had herniated a disc. I went to my first doctor and he said to take these steroids for 2 weeks, and then try PT, none which really helped. Then I spoke to another doctor and he recommended a cortizone shot. I got it on November 28th, 2017. It didn’t really get rid of the lower back pain L5-S1, but it really helped with the leg pain, not nearly as bad before that. But it’s been months, and the doctor I talked to went from saying 1 shot should fix my pain to, you have a degenerative disc, which scares me so freaking bad. I don’t know what to do, because he’s not recommending surgery. I am 6’3 258 LBS. I know losing a little weight might help but I have to say, the pain has gotten worse, and it’s showing no signs of improvement despite me doing all the stretches and exercises. I am in pain every day, and I just want to get to a place tm where I am not in pain. I am in the Boston area. Any one please suggest something I can/should do?

Thanks. 

advertisement

Comments