Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain management Contract

advertisement

Comments

• I am worried and with everything else I am getting panic attacks now.

I do not know what to do?

if it were me I’d call my family doctor tomorrow and see if she could help. That’s just me.
  • peanut006peanut006 MichiganPosts: 147

I'm so sorry. That's terrible and not a good reason (only my opinion of course) to be dismissed. I've never in my life head of simply asking an understandable question being a reason to dump a patient. In fact I consider it our responsibility to try to educate ourselves on the options we have available to us. But again... my opinion doesn't really matter obviously and doesn't help you. If you run out of meds tomorrow I can't even give you advice to try to taper yourself down as I would if you had a few weeks left. Do you have your family doctor that you could go to and explain what has transpired and see if they will help you? Even if they aren't comfortable prescribing your pain meds there are medications to help ease withdrawal somewhat at least? That would obviously be my first call. After you received the dismissal letter did you try calling and explaining that you were simply asking the doctors opinion about a possible treatment option but would be happy to submit to a urine or blood test to show you haven't actually done it?? Lastly, since you're no longer on contract, maybe you can get on mmj if you're so inclined??? Might be better than nothing?? I'm so sorry I can't be of more help!!!

• advertisement
  • Thanks Peanut 006 - I did go into the office the day I got the letter to ask why. They told me it was because I asked, I said I thought that was the thing to do. She said no and no further discussion. I have a Family Dr. But he said he does not have that little license, he did refer me to another Surgeon, but timing will be 2 weeks to get in. My Family Dr just called and said I should ask for one last prescription. He is trying to help as he knows I am going to be having serious withdraws. I have found a someone to see me, but no guarantee if he will write script?

I went and got all records and read them and there is NO reason given why I was discharged. NOTHING AT ALL!

No one should have that type of power over another. I could understand if I did wrong, but that is not the case.

I even called a lawyer and they said it is not a case they would take.

Thanks Again - Jeff

• scinmyheartsscinmyheart Posts: 199
    edited 01/30/2018 - 6:23 PM

not doubting Jeff’s word or anything, but if this played out like he is saying without other stuff going on...then I am beyond flabbergasted

...to dismiss a legitimate pain management patient for ASKING about medical marijuana is just beyond belief even if it’s not even a medical state...he must be either like our pathetic  Attorney General who thinks that only “bad people smoke marijuana”  or ...

the things I've complained about at my doctor’s office...the stupidity of the DEA, the pathetic State Legislature our state has, my lack of empathy due to the “opioid crisis” and how it is unfairly messing with me...this clown would probably have me locked up

Jeff, good luck going forward

• My guess is that the pain contract says they have to provide all your pain meds. 

By asking if you can add medical marijuana to your list of pain meds it gives the impression you might start taking it, in addition to any opioids they already prescribe you.

To them that puts you in a higher risk group. Sometimes it’s about optics. You don’t want to give bad optics at a pain clinic.

• advertisement
  • It is awful that they didn't even list a reason for releasing you.  While I understand they might feel a person who even asked the question might be of a higher risk, it would certainly show in your UA if you did start using MMJ.  Why wouldn't they just test you more often for awhile or something if they were really worried about it. 

As far as the situation you are in now.  I might call and ask them if they would write you one more script.  If they say no then I would go to see this Doctor you have an appointment with and tell them I need a script so I can taper off due to the fact that I have been on narcotic meds for so many years.  I mean it really isn't a lie  because you might just be in that very situation if it takes awhile to find a new PM and it just might.  Usually a Doctor will understand that a safe taper is the only good way to stop narcotics when you have been a long time user of them and be willing to write under those circumstances.  That way he knows you don't plan to hit him up again next month.  Just a suggestion.

Cindy

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
advertisement