Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Pain in other areas after si injections

Hello, I received my si joint injection about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I don't have pain in my si anymore which is great, however, my pain is now being referred to my piriformis and it band. Anyone else have this happen? What course of treatment did your Dr take?

I might talk to him about the ifuse see if that's an option. Been in pain for over 2 years now and still don't have an official diagnosis for what's going on but I feel that's it's definitely narrowed down. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to have si joint dysfunction, piriformis syndrome and IT band syndrome? 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,443

hello hols1389!
    welcome to spine-health

with it band syndrome, you typically have pain in your knees. is this the case? pain in your si joint and piriformis is quite common, i deal with it mostly with injections, stretches and ice packs.

please click on the welcome link below and the tutorial for more information on the forum.
    welcome to spine health

also use the link below to provide us with more information.
    new member information guideline / checklist 
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • My left SI joint fusion surgery seemed to CAUSE a problem with my left piriformis. If I could go back in time, I would not have had the SI fusion so far. It's been 10 months and the pain that was relieved by the surgery (groin, hip, half-way down my leg) has been replaced with horrible bone pain where the enormous pegs (I had iFuse) were hammered into place. I was led to believe I'd feel better in about 12 weeks. This is cited as a minimally invasive surgery - but watch the video about the iFuse procedure and you'll see why it's not - the size of the scar doesn't defer to the amount of nerve, muscle, tissue and bone pain this has caused for me. Been dealing with SI for 23 years and this has been the worst 10 months ever. Sorry so negative - just my experience. Hope others received help from this surgery. Take care of yourself.  

• advertisement