Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Newbie.. Spinal stenosis again.. ROM??

Hi everyone. :)

I began having spinal surgery about 4 years ago.

First I had a laminectomy on my lower back due to SS (spinal stenosis), then 2 yrs later I had four neck vertebrae fused (acdf). It was C3, 4, 5,& 6.

The results were fantastic.. no complaints.

Then just this past year I began getting new back pain (just below the prior lumbar surgery) and am told that once again I have SS.

I also have been having neck pain. Again, it's spinal stenosis. This time it's at C-7, T-1.

I have four TBDs (tick borne diseases) and believe my low Mg levels caused by those may be responsible for bone deterioration, but I'm not sure.

I'm finally nearing the end of treatment for the worst of those TBDs after 16 yrs of treatment and soooo looking forward to catching up with life activities, but now I'm truly scared about the future. 

I'm wondering with the C-7, T-1 stenosis... if a laminectomy or fusion is done, what will my mobility be?

I'm in between seeing my regular doctor and seeing my spine surgeon again, so I'm at the speculation stage at this point.

I used to be very athletic. Does anyone have any input as to what kind of mobility restrictions I may have with the neck/thoracic surgery?

Thanks much. I'm just in a lot of apprehension right now.

advertisement

Comments

• hi tigerette

welcome to spine-health

i have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules.  there is lots of material to research that will give you the power of knowledge.

welcome to spine health

aj 

AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • Thank you   ☺ 

• advertisement
  • Hi Tigerette

My husband was fused C3-C6 in 1997.  I do know that over a period of time there is a high incidence of stenosis above and our below a previous fusion.  He is now facing C1-T1 (or occiput) fusion so i understand your concerns.  I don't imagine mobility issues for you will be that huge since your C1 and 2 are not involved.  

Mango1940