Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain

i have had pain in my low back for a couple of years. I just had my second injection for diagnosis of si joint. The first injection, I felt great for the first 4 hours and then pain back. This second injection was very painful and didn’t feel numb. I got about 50 percent relief for a few hours. No relief from cortisone.

We are thinking about the ifuse system. Does anyone have any experience with this good or bad. Why didn’t the two injections work the same?

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,706
    edited 01/28/2018 - 3:17 AM

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Regarding the iFuse system: It's been 10 months since my iFuse surgery to fuse my left SI/sacrum. I've never been in so much pain in my life and I've been dealing with really bad SI pain for 23 years (Ankylosing Spondylitis). My hardware was hammered through my SI into my sacrum. I'm in hell and just praying I'm not done healing (was supposed to take 12 weeks - that is NOT TRUE whichever doctor tries to sell you on this - your nerves, bones, tissues and muscles are affected and the pain is unreal when sitting, standing, laying down, walking - no relief ever. I can't take this bone-crunching feeling anymore (haven't been able to return to work after this "non-invasive" surgery that requires titanium spikes as big as your pinkie (or larger) being hammered into your bones after the muscle (piriformis) is moved and damaged. Let's not forget the new nerve pain, too. I wish I could go back in time. 

My left SI joint fusion surgery seemed to CAUSE a problem with my left piriformis. If I could go back in time, I would not have had the SI fusion so far. It's been 10 months and the pain that was relieved by the surgery (groin, hip, half-way down my leg) has been replaced with horrible bone pain where the enormous pegs (I had iFuse) were hammered into place. I was led to believe I'd feel better in about 12 weeks. This is cited as a minimally invasive surgery - but watch the video about the iFuse procedure and you'll see why it's not - the size of the scar doesn't reflect the amount of nerve, muscle, tissue and bone painthis has caused for me. Been dealing with SI for 23 years and this has been the worst 10 months ever. Sorry so negative - just my experience. Hope others received help from this surgery. Take care of yourself. 

• advertisement