Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Endoscopic Foraminotomy and Discectomy

If the more conservative methods of dealing with my pain don't work, my doctor is recommending endoscopically going into my left L4-L5 and L5-S1 Foramens to remove some bone to widen my Foramens but mostly to remove some herniated disc material that's in both Foramens.   I'm not finding any discussion or videos of this type of surgery on this website...can anyone point me to them.   Also, if anyone has any information to share about this procedure...I'd appreciate it.

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,726

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Thanks for responding so quickly.   The video doesn't look like what's been described to me by my doctor as it doesn't look like the herniated disc material is getting removed via the Foramen...which is what my surgery would be.  However, it could be that the video is just oversimplified as it looks like it's going through the lamina area but it also doesn't show any lamina bone being removed.  Thus I'm not sure how to interpret it...any advice on this??

• advertisement