Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

SI Joint Dysfunction AND Piriformis Syndrome

hols1389hhols1389 Posts: 3
edited 02/02/2018 - 2:00 PM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems

Does anyone have Si joint Dysfunction AND Piriformis Syndrome? Anyone have the si fusion that had piriformis pain too and the fusion surgery relieved it? ANY insight or testimonies appreciated.

I've been dealing with back pain for over 2 years now, been to with 3 different pt offices, and am currently going to a Pain clinic. I've had numerous injections including epidural, spinal nerve blocks, si joint injections, piriformis, iliacus, and psoas injections.

My pain after my si joint injections have been going away. However, I'm still left with pain in my piriformis and pain going down my leg.

There's a possibility of si joint fusion surgery. I'm scared, because what if I do it, and it doesn't take my pain away? My dr did say it could be a combination of things like both my si and my piriformis. Has anyone had both Si Joint fusion and Piriformis Release surgery at the same time?

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,254

hols1389
    please use the link below to provide us with more information so members can reply.
    new member information guideline / checklist 

also, click on the welcome link below and tutorial to help you get started on the forum.
    welcome to spine health

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • updated with some more info

• advertisement
  • jocko1jjocko1 New York Posts: 10

The Piriformis stabslizes the SI joint.  I had Botox into my Piriformis and it completely made my SI pain unbearable.  Dealing with same issues as you.  

• My left SI joint fusion surgery seemed to CAUSE a problem with my left piriformis. If I could go back in time, I would not have had the SI fusion so far. It's been 10 months and the pain that was relieved by the surgery (groin, hip, half-way down my leg) has been replaced with horrible bone pain where the enormous pegs (I had iFuse) were hammered into place. I was led to believe I'd feel better in about 12 weeks. This is cited as a minimally invasive surgery - but watch the video about the iFuse procedure and you'll see why it's not - the size of the scar doesn't defer to the amount of nerve, muscle, tissue and bone pain this has caused for me. Been dealing with SI for 23 years and this has been the worst 10 months ever. Sorry so negative - just my experience. Hope others received help from this surgery. Take care of yourself. 

advertisement