Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain beyond control

advertisement

Comments

• OMG!  I didn't realize all that was going on with you.  Bless your heart you have been thru alot and then having to move in the middle of it all?  My goodness, how stressful that must have been.  I think you are correct and should call your primary Doctor and see if he or she could at least help to get this flare under control.  I mean until you get that accomplished, nothing else can really be dealt with.  Call your primary, get in there and just see what they have to say.  It certainly can't hurt anything and unlike an ER doctor, he or she knows your complicated history.  Tell them you need in right now, and don't take no for an answer.  If you can't take the pain any longer, go to the ER, but it may be that your primary might even be willing to admit you for pain control and like I said, they know your history so won't be trying meds you have already tried.  Please do that and let us know how things are going.  You have to get this pain under control because it puts so much stress on your body which isn't good.  Let us know how things go.

Cindy

• @bidbeaner99 - please keep us updated on how you get on and progress. Sending healing to you 

• advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,299
    It would really be helpful if you read and responded to New member guidelines and checklist

Also very worth reading Step by step treatment for chronic pain
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Cindy - yes it has been a tough 2018 thus far, it only has to get better!  I’ve finally obtained a little relief, I had taken 4 ice baths to finally get this flare up to settle down.  Sorry for the delay in responding to you all, I’m still in pretty rough shape but I can handle this!  Heat does seem to help....I see my surgeon in about a week and half and need to really get this last surgery done, which is a 3 part surgery.  Again, thank you alll for continuing to check on me.  Hope you all are having a good day!  Michael 

• Kerry D - thank you very much!  Hope your having a great day! 

• advertisement
  • @bidbeaner99 I saw my pain consultant on Friday and she’s changed my medications around, my body was getting used to the Tapentadol and my pain was increasing. We’ve switched to Norspan patches for a month, to help during the recovery process and fingers crossed I’m seeing an improvement already, despite it taking 3 days to take effect! 

Let me know how you get on with the surgeon and fingers crossed you can keep the pain at a manageable level until then.

• KerryD - that’s great, I’m glad things are working for you!   We have tried a few different meds over the last couple months, nothing really has worked.  Over the last day the pain has  started to increase again, something needs to be done. ...another opinion, my primary doc, I don’t know.  Gonna try and get a game plan together tomorrow!  

• When my disc reherniated nothing really gave me any relief and my surgeon was quite blunt in telling me that it wouldn’t until I had the second surgery - he was absolutely right!

Get another opinion and keep pushing. I may always have some degree of pain, and always have weakness in my right foot but the level of pain you say you have is not right. Keep us posted...

• KerryD - I agree and have been a little research today on the infected cyst at the base of my spine....upon further information, many of the symptoms I am experiencing could be the infected cyst.  The cyst is continuing to grow and is filled with spinal fluid, It’s could also be the herniated disc.  I’m searching for a doc to obtain a 2nd opinion now.  The pain is coming back and getting worse, along with the other symptoms it all makes perfect sense.  

• @bidbeaner99 - makes perfect sense. Uncontrollable, non treatable pain is not right. Please keep me posted :) 

advertisement