Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain beyond control

advertisement

Comments

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 630

Hey 99, this chronic pain is so hard to deal with,  I take for Norco 10–3 25 for times a day, and occasionally  take an oxycodone 20 mg when things get bad, I was on OxyContin 20 mg four times a day   It seems what I'm on now works better than before although I'm still in a lot of pain.  My pain comes from very tight muscle spasms, arthritis in the neck, and nerve pain throughout my body.  I take gabapentin 600 mg four times a day. Also take  Klonopin half a milligram twice a day. This paint really never let up. What was your   Pain medicine that really work the best for you. Take care and God bless 

• @KerryD- well I had my mri and it appears I have an infected cyst with an open active CSF leak that has wrapped itself around the nerve root in my spine. This needs to be fixed and surgery is looking like either 3/19 or 3/20 to repair the leak and remove the cyst...just waiting on confirmation from surgeon coordinator at the office.    Additionally I have roughly herniated discs from T12 - L4 and some spinal stenosis, I’m glad your back to work and sorry your having a hard time from over doing it, we all fall into that at times!  As soon as I know more I will keep you updated.  Thanks for checking on me!  

Michael 

• advertisement
  • Mikethepike- I’m sorry your struggling, I’m on 30 mg’s oxycodone 4 Times a day for breakthrough pain and they just switched me to morphine  long acting 15 mg twice a day.  I’ve found for me that patches seem to work the best, butrans patch or fentanyl patch.  The constant release of medication helps the most.  I had a pain pump which was great but my body rejected it and needed to have it removed, unfortunately and fortunately im on the thinner side.  Hope this helps and let me know if I can help you with anything else.  

• I wish you didn't have to have surgery but at least you have an answer and a solution to the problem.  Please let us know your surgery date when you get it because I want to keep you in prayer on that day.  Hopefully this will give you a new lease on life and maybe your meds will work better for you.  I don't know I just want you to be able to live the life you deserve. 

Cindy

• Cindy - thank you very much and will do, we are praying and hoping this surgery will help with some/most of the pain then address the herniated discs after the fact.  Not sure tho...I will keep you updated.  

• advertisement
  • Just wanted to give everyone an update, currently I’m in the hospital getting my pain under control and now trying to get the cyst off the root of my spinal cord as well as fix the CSF leak in my back.  I have been here since Tuesday night.  Will update when I can!  

• I'm glad you're getting "fixed up", please do keep us in the loop!

Healing thoughts headed your way.

• So they are going to do it all while you are in there.  That's awesome!  So glad you are getting your pain under control.  If you haven't had chronic pain it is hard to understand that it's so difficult to deal with anything else until you get that fixed.  Your brain just doesn't function well in pain.  At least mine doesn't!  I have been checking back here as often as I could and of course I missed yesterday!  Anyway I will keep you in my prayers and wouldn't it be awesome if this really changed your life!  You really deserve it.  Keep us updated!

Cindy

• Sorry I’ve been a bit absent - it’s been a bit chaotic this side of the world! 

I hope that things are going well in hospital and that there is finally some relief for you.

Please let us know how you are when you can. Sending you lots of healing thoughts.  <span>:smile:" alt=":smile:" height="20" /></span>  

• Michael hope all is going well

advertisement