Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Spinal Cord stimulator removal?

Hello everyone!

i am new to this forum

I am having trouble with my spinal cord stimulator and making a decision to keep it or get it removed. I had my first implant in january 2017, because i did AMAZING with the trial. Around a month later i was getting hematomas over both of my incision sites, and a while after that i felt like my stimulator was shocking me with burning sensations.

i went back to the surgeon and found out my wire migrated and i got my revision surgery in march 2017. i have been doing pretty well with the stimulator but lately i have been experiencing uncomfortable sensations.

I went back to the surgeon this morning and my wires look good but i have now had my stimulator off for a week because ive been having burning sensations in my back. we turned it back on today to change the programming but again i felt uncomfortable sensations in my stomach/chest area, along with the burning in my back.

I was wondering people with SCS, have any of you experienced any of this? Or why did anyone get their stimulator removed? and if they have, how was the surgery to get it removed?

advertisement

Comments

• I am having the same problem. The stimulator is causing me terrible sensations in my stomach and burning in my face and body(I have upper and lower leads). I have turned mine off after the rep from BS said the stimulator was at it’ lowest setting. Anyone else? And are you going to have it removed? I had my surgery 12/13 and I am considering having mine removed. 

• LizLiz Posts: 9,647

This is an old discussion created by a member no longer on the forum so I have to close it. If they return we can reopen the discussion.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.