Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Epidural injections after a fusion surgery in 2009 didn't release my pain

Had a fusion in 2009 and has failed.9 yrs later I am in worst shaped then I ever was.walking sleeping bending movies just doing anything is excutia ting pain.After my family doctor that I had for 35yrs passed away and he was wonderful I was left finding a new family Dr. Well let's say after 3 yrs with this guy he has done nothing but ignore my syptoms.Fast forwarding after 2 yrs I finally begged for an epipural shot to try and see it it works.I year waiting for appointment and my New pain management Dr is amazing.himself and an neurologist is working together to  ease my pain.I had my first epidural shot yesterday and I can already feel a bit of relief can't wait to see what the full effect will be like in couple days.My surgery needed to be done or I would of been paralysed.But it doest always remove the pain from an injury that's been going on for 10 us prior. 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,087

Hi fusionfailed

A little bit of relief is great news after what you've been through. I admire that you never gave up and kept pushing.
    Please keep us posted on how you are doing with the shot.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • So my epidural shot only lasted a week and I am struggling everyday to get up move sleep work.I can't barely move but after cruising the Internet all night every night because I can't sleep I'm in to much pain I fibally found out exactly what is wrong.I have s1 sacilitiis s1 joint dysfunction.Every single thing makes sense the right lower back hip leg groin pain right side.so the epidural would not work right because it was put in my lower back byy disc and needs to be done in the s1 joint.this is very common with people that had a fusion.if something isn't done soon I don't know what's gonna happen I can't take the pain any longer 

• advertisement
  • L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 1,392
    edited 03/01/2018 - 12:46 PM

How can you say 100% (or even 50%) that your problem is sacrolilliac joint dysfunction? 

Have you been diagnosed as such?

Or you saw this on the Internet one night and reached the conclusion that’s your problem?

I would be extremely careful about self-diagnosing.

Couldn’t it just be the epidural injection didn’t work? 

Or perhaps it exacerbated the pain? 

My doctor says ESI’s are very hit and miss.

Before you assume you have a condition it’s far FAR better to have it verified first.

Read the spine-health link below and see if it applies to you.

https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/sacroiliac-joint-dysfunction/treatment-options-sacroiliac-joint-dysfunction

I would ask your neurologist or neurosurgeon to take a CLOSE look at your MRI and ask them if there’s something on it that can explain the locations of your pain.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,087

I'm with L4_L5 on this one. You are seriously going to believe all of your problems were solved and all of your questions were answered by Dr. Google? 
    Your doctor has other options to help you, have you asked him? Has he tried a caudal block? Those work great for a lot people, including myself. 

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
advertisement