Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lumbar l4-5 spine fusion not fusing

i had my last flu at fusion on 8/2016 - fast forward to today i am still not well.  I just had a ct Myelogram done last Wednesday and my results are below.  Doe this most likely mean they have to redo this surgery ? Any insite on people who have had to do a surgery again is greatly appreciated. 

EXAMINATION: CT L SPINE W CONT

pain to right LE along L5 distribution

Myelogram (N-67) Contiguous axial sections were obtained through the lumbar spine. Intrathecal contrast had previously been placed under fluoroscopy. Sagittal and coronal reformatted images were performed. Patient age specific scan parameters were used for radiation exposure. COMPARISON: Radiographs most recent 1/31/2018. CT most recent 8/28/2017. MR most recent 12/30/2016. FINDINGS: Prior PSIF/TLIF L4-5. Hardware is intact without evidence of loosening. Bony bridging anteriorly at L4-5 with incomplete incorporation of interbody graft. Thecal sac is adequately decompressed at the operative level. ALIGNMENT: Normal alignment. No subluxations. VERTEBRAE: Small Schmorl's nodes. CORD: Visualized throracic cord and conus medularis are normal size. Conus terminates at L1. AXIAL DISCS, DURAL COMPRESSION AND FORAMINA: L1-2: No central or foraminal stenosis. Facets are normal. Nerve roots are normal. L2-3: No central or foraminal stenosis. Facets are normal. Nerve roots are normal. L3-4: Minimal disc bulge. Facet hypertrophy. No significant thecal sac or neural foraminal stenosis. L4-5:

Postoperative level. Mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis. L5-S1: Broad-based disc bulge. Facet hypertrophy. Mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis. Neural stimulator device enters the epidural space at T12-L1 and courses superiorly beyond the field-of- view. Other: Prior cholecystectomy. Partial gastrectomy. Nonobstructive renal calculi. IUD.

ATTENDING RADIOLOGIST AND PAGER NUMBER 511901 Lal Anjali MD

Impression

IMPRESSION: 1. Prior PSIF/TLIF L4-5. Bony bridging with incomplete incorporation of the graft. 2. Developing transfer lesion at L3-4 with worsening disc bulge and facet disease. No significant thecal sac or neural foraminal stenosis.

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,084

Soniajstar

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
    This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test 

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History