Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Had temporary vision loss in just right eye

I have had headaches from my stenosis/bone spurs/arthritis in my neck since 2011. About a week ago, I had temporary vision loss in my right eye with horrible headache, jaw pain & pressure ..at first before the vision loss it to me seemed as if I was getting sick..like a sinus infection was setting in. My right gland in my neck was also sore. Long story short, ophthalmologist said eyes were fine but wanted to get some tests done for carotid arteries, blood work etc. I have perfect cholesterol, bp is fine. I did do a doppler today on the neck so we shall see. Has anyone ever had issues with your stenosis causing this? I have herniated discs in c5-c7 & have whatever its called where you no longer have the natural curve in your neck. Just wondering if it could get inflamed & do something like this??? I had severe headache for days first (normally they come & go) & all my headaches start in the nape area but this headache was bad in that it was just one side, pressure in face, painful eye soreness, scalp tenderness & numbness. Like I said, headaches daily but this scared me because who just goes blind in one eye for about 5 hours? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I just HATE feeling like I am 86 when I am 46. 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,419

Hi ween2323
    Welcome to Spine-Health

I'm curious to know what the Doppler results will be. It could be a number of things and hopefully nothing serious. There are a lot members with neck issues that have severe headaches too.

While you are waiting on other members to reply, please click on the Welcome link and Tutorial to get you started on the forum.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Please let us know about test and take care.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Hi, yes I had bad headaches and visual disturbance too; I was misdiagnosed with ocular migraines but saw an opthamologist in Sept who concluded it was coming from my neck. I had radio frequency ablation at c-2 and c-3 and haven’t had a heache or disturbance since. I’m still having treatment at other levels at the mm!

• advertisement
  • 5monkeys55monkeys Posts: 4
    edited 03/04/2018 - 2:02 AM
    Hello, Have you looked into an atlas subluxation?  I am currently receiving treatment for it. In August, I woke up from sleeping on my stomach and had a stiff neck.  Soon after is when all of these symptoms started.  I did not make the connection at the time. Had an MRi and severval dr. appts but had no answers.  Then In October I started having real bad pain at the base of my skull that let me to a chiropractor.  This is where she diagnosed me with an atlas subluxation.  Here were some of my symptoms:

Dizziness, pressure in ears, head and between eyes, ear pain, blurry vision, I can't visually focus on things, ringing in ears, anxiety, tingling in hands and legs.

I encourage anyone that is having weird symptoms to look up atlas subluxation.  It is crazy all of the symptoms that can occur. 

Warning: Before you try any supplement, herb, over the counter item, exercise program, mechanical aid, brace, etc always consult with your doctor to make sure you get their approval. Some of these products may be very effective, but no two individuals or medical conditions are alike. What works for one, may cause trouble for another..    

Liz, Spine-health Moderator