Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Spinal Stenosis

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all,
I'm a new member and just wanted to say hi. I'm 48, married and have sufferd from chronic lower back pain for several years.

Ran60
advertisement

Comments

• welcome to spine-health...
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. we have a "Lower Back" section you might check for some more input! why don't you tell us alittle more about yourself. good luck and enjoy the forum! Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • Wecome to the site, Ran. There is tons of info and support here. I hope you can find something that helps. Let us know how it goes for you.
  • Welcome to Spine Health. Hope to see you on the boards. :)

Best Wishes,
    CHristina :)
  • ran- welcome to site. There is alot of information here and you may want to check out the "Spinal Stenosis" section... :))) jade
  • advertisement
  • First thanks to everyone for the welcome.

A little more about myself, I've had problems with pain in by lower back since my late teens. Then in 1992 I had a laminectomy at L3/4 which gave me good relieve for about 14 years. I now have degenitive disk d., stenosis, bone spurs at in one thoracic disk, herniations in L3/4/5, near bone to bone at :| S1 and nerve compressions which cause numness and loss of contol to my rt. legg and recently loss of feeling to my groin area.

My Dr's are deciding whether are not to do surgery now or wait till I can lose more wheight. They want to perform a two level fusion with hardware and nerve de-compression.

I'm very worried about the loss sensation in my lower body and that it could be permanent. I'm hoping to get surgery soon.
  • There are a few of us members that have a weight loss thread going under the diet and nutrition section. Please feel free to join us there and maybe we can all encourage each other to take some pounds off.
  • I wish you well....

I hope you find all the posts that you need, and even more that you can make useful!

xx
    M
advertisement