Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Fusion on x-ray

How can you tell if there is any fusion starting by your x-ray? She said sometimes it takes time to see results but I don't seem to be a 'typical' case, without further clarification.

I had ACDF C6/C7, there are some small changes on my x-rays from the beginning, but that could be positioning or whatever. I'm 6 months post op.

I am having other issues, the doctor has ordered a rheum panel, cbc, and cmp. Results aren't in yet.

She didn't think it would take 4 months for me to become allergic to the metal, I say 4 months, because it's been two months since this crap started.

She had said I needed a thyroid panel but I don't think that was one of the tests. She also mentioned fibromyalgia but there is not a test for that and without funky results I won't get sent to a hematologist for investigation.

I'm so discouraged! 

Anyone else been down this road? If so did you eventually fuse or have a non fusion?

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Buttons16,

I am about 18 days post-op from having a acdf c5-c6.  I am in excruciating pain, and having to sleep upright in a recliner. When I do fall asleep from exhaustion, I am hurting so bad in my neck, shoulders, back that it is hard to move. During my 2-weeks post-op visit I mentioned all of the above, and the PA (not operating neuro) seem surprised. He ordered an x-ray, which he said shows the fusion is progressing well. Frankly, I don’t know what this means. I have to wear my aspen collar 6 more weeks. Prior to this acdf, I was scheduled to have a right shoulder arthroscopy. I am receiving treatment for multiple medical conditions, including but not limited to fibromyalgia, bilateral rotator cuff impingement, carpal tunnel, 3 kinds of headaches, and I am only 53 soon to be 54. I pray things get better, and you find the medical help you need.