Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Traumatic injury of spine post spinal fusion surgery

Hi, i had a spinal fusion on the 5th of may 2017. All went well and I was released from hospital after 6 days, the recovery has been going well so far until the 19th of February, whilst attending a concert I got "body slammed" by a steward who thought I was skipping the queue and this resulted in me instantly being in agony, I wish I could describe the pain properly but unfortunately I did have quite a bit of alcohol. That evening whilst still heavily intoxicated I couldn't sleep because of how painful my spine was, I should point out my body hit the floor directly on the thoracic region I had fused. Since then I've been in agonising pain and have been unable to sleep or lie down properly from it, I'm looking to find out if I should see a doctor or not, my friends think I'm overreacting and that it's just swollen but I don't know if I'm convinced, upon inspection of my spine all looks well except a rather large lump directly on the spine where my back hit the concrete. I do have images but I'm not familiar with how to upload them onto this sight. I'm really looking for a bit of support from people who have maybe had something similar happen to them where they've suffered a traumatic injury post fusion, I would like to hear people's opinions, am I overreacting? Should I be concerned?

advertisement

Comments

• I've managed to get the image uploaded

• advertisement
  • Hi, if it was me I'd probably call my surgeon and check. I'd rather be paranoid than not check something that need medical attention. Hopefully it will be fine though. Good luck!