Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

3 weeks post rfa...good news finally!!

So I am officially 3 weeks post rfa and I’m doing better than I was last week! Thank goodness bc I thought I wasn’t going to get any relief. Monday was my turning point in that I was finally able to make it through my whole pt program! Granted I didn’t complete every exercise, but I did them all. It was the first time in 5 weeks that i was able to do that. 

We had 2 unseasonably warm days after that and the heat really did me in bc we didn’t have air at work since it’s february and not much breeze through the windows so it took a toll on my body and all my symptoms were exacerbated. But to my surprise I was able to do more strengthening exercises at pt on Wednesday to the point my leg muscles hurt the next day and I could barely get out of the chair, but I’ll take sore muscles from exercising over back pain any day! 

Walking is so much easier now and I’m able to walk for longer periods of time before my body is done and I need to rest. Unfortunately sitting is still awful and can’t sit for more than 5 minutes at a time. 

I am happy to know that this procedure helped with the pain and my levels are around a 4 now! I hope it keeps working and I can get rid of any pain soon! This has def helped my mood knowing that I’m getting better slowly and am finally able to move around with less pain! I wish we had done this a year ago!

advertisement

Comments

• Good news~ congratulations!

• robmjrrobmj Posts: 43
    edited 05/04/2018 - 1:25 AM

So glad to hear you are feeling better, Brenda! The SI is such a complicated, rollercoaster ride painful experience. It's great when there is improvement - I'm wishing you many more "4" days - 

Robyn

• advertisement