Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

MRI IMAGES -

Hello spine health - I have a question, I had an mri today and as usual my doc asked for me to get a CD of the pictures for us to review.  The MRI was supposed to be of the lumbar area, I’ve looked at 10 of these over the years so have a slight idea what I’m looking at.  My issue, there was not one clear picture of my spine to determine if there was a problem.  Opened the CD from my last MRI in August of 17 and very nice clear pictures.  Also, my doc doesn’t rely on the images being diagnosed by a radiolisgist.  He reads them himself.  This MRI is to figure out exactly what he needs to repair at L3&L4, remove a infected cyst and a catheter.  The pain has been really bad for just over a month now and not letting up.  I’ve pushed this surgery off as long as I can.  I was thinking of going back to the MRI facility and asking what the heck they did?  Did they put the wrong images on my CD?  Although it says my name and date of the MRI there is not one clear picture of the area on my back.  Any advice is greatly appreciated and valued.  Thank you for reading my long winded message.  

Michael

advertisement

Comments

• L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 1,392
    edited 02/23/2018 - 10:29 PM

Are there videos on the disc? Have you tried using a few different MRI readers or just the software that comes bundled on the latest CD?

Was the MRI today and the MRI from 8/17 done at the same facility?

If not you might not be using the proper software to view the new CD.

Just a hunch though.

• L4L5 - no they are from different facilities, the one today was done at a hospital, the one from 8/17 was completed at a imaging facility...the images(separate pictures) are on a cd disc yes, both gave me instructions how to open and view the pictures. 

• advertisement
  • Do you have a folllow-up appmt with the doctor who ordered the MRI this coming week?

My gut tells me a hospital wouldn’t put unreadable images on your MRI.

The MRI tech can see some of the images even before you’re out of the MRI machine. 

If there was a problem with the images they would have known it before you crawled out of the machine.

If anything maybe there was a burning error for just your CD (which wouldn’t affect the actual images taken during the study).

You could always call the imaging phone number for the hospital to voice your concern and verify all is ok but my gut says you’ll be fine.

• L4_L5 - great advice, I do have a follow up appt Wednesday and yes I called the imaging center however by the time I got home and viewed the images they were closed already, I figured I would call again tomorrow and see what I could do.  It is very possible there was a burning issue, I just looked again and the other issue, is the individual images start at T1 down to T8.   Again, I will call imaging tomorrow and will even ride over there if need be to get this addressed.  Thanks for your advice...have a good night!  

advertisement