Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Muscle Twitching around IPG

Hello, I am new to this Forum.  I got my permanent Nevro SCS implanted on February 7th.  I have noticed that when I lay down on my back, the tissue around the IPG seems to twitch.  It feels like I am getting electricity running through the area.  I mentioned it to my rep during my first post-op appointment.  She said I should not feel anything there because the power is going to the paddles.  Last night, while lying down, I was feeling the twitching, so to test the source, I turned off the Nevro SCS.  The twitching stopped immediately.  When I powered it back on, the unit went to P1 level 2 and I felt a little twitching.  As I cycled through the levels to get back to P1 level 6, the twitching got progressively worse.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I am trying to figure out this is normal or if there is something wrong with the IPG or wiring.  

advertisement

Comments

• I'm not familiar with the Nevro device, but haven't experienced this with my Medtronic unit. If you can reproduce this sensation at your next visit with the device rep she should be able to run diagnostics and/or see if it's something that can be addressed through reprogramming.