Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Extreme Burning shoulders/neck pain 1.5 months

3fusecervical33fusecervical Posts: 12
edited 03/01/2018 - 6:29 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical

Hi I’m fused 3-4, 4-5, 5-6 (3 separe surgeries) 9 years from the last surgery. 2 years ago I was having the same extreme pain but only for 3 hours, 2X a week- went on insaids did the trick. Now it’s 24/7, neck feels like it’s not connect to my sPine (c7-T1) shoulders feel like I’ve been shot thru both ....on 50 fentenol patch, oxycondone 10/350 as needed which is every 4-5 hours and  was on prednisone 20 2X a day which was great and I didn’t need the 10/350 when on it but they won’t give me anymore. Had the two shots in the base of my neck got 0 relief from that...tomorrow is my mri (1.5 machine-always check how old the machine is and what model with fusions) the 1.5 is Best if u have titanium in your neck-I have one plate left and a ‘basket’ ? The 1.5 has less artifact then the latest 3.0 mri. 

Anyway, I’m scared. First I don’t know how I’m going to be able to lie down for any length of time (I had no less than 20 mris) without a lot of pain...if I have to get another fusion (can’t get the new movable disk cause my facets are shot) , and it will be the c7-, I’m worried that I won’t be able t drive? I looked into the after market cameras....anyone have experience with them?) plus I would like to hear from people who had that level fixed-thru the front? I had the basket put in thru the back and IT WAS AWFUL! Btw get Botox shots for shoulder spasms when they go in from the back...doc said 9 years ago that they won’t be able to go in the front with me from now on cause of the extensive scar tissue. 

Any info greatly appreciated...I’m in the Miami area so any doc recommendations also .....my favorite doc moved to San Fransisco-she is THE BEST but hubby is up there in years and insists on going if I go and I can’t put him TRU that.

UPDATE- MRI shows C3-C4  Spinal Cord impingement, C7-T1 bulging front and back & neck compression (that's the cause of the burning shoulders)  . 

3 neck fused,bars,DDD thruout
advertisement