Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Can't breathe!

I've searched everywhere online and have not heard of anyone else having this same problem! I have pain in my lower back, specifically my left side just above where my pants line would be. I've had an x-ray, with no answers, and am due for an MRI later this week. The problem started almost a year ago and has become progressively worse.

When I first get up from laying down, even if only for an hour, I can't stand verticial on my own power. I have to bend over supporting my upper body with my arms and use them to lift myself up straight. It is very painful still, and I can feel tightness and pain all through my lower back. I need to use something like a table to prop myself up for long periods of time, slowly going from hunched over to straight.

At this point I still need support to stand, because when I don't have it I'm unable to take a breath in. I have to hobble around, while unable to breathe, until I can use something to take the weight off my upper body again and take a breath, with lots of pain to go with it all. This can last for a half hour, or several hours, before it loosens up enough to take a breath on my own while standing, while not having any support for my upper body. Everywhere I look I can find no one else being unable to breathe due to a lower back injury, or anything that progressively gets better through use, until I rest

After activity, Depending on how active I was, I can end up either with severe spasms or just back to where I started. This is another thing that confuses me as after pushing through a ton of pain I can have a few hours of semi normal moving around. I still can't really bend down, or lift anything heavy, but I can at least breathe and walk. Has anyone ever experienced this? 

advertisement