Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

POST OPT

a2foreveraa2forever Posts: 3
edited 03/09/2018 - 8:31 AM in Recovering from Surgery

Hi,

I am about 5 weeks post L5 microdiscetomy and feeling pretty good. Started pt and leg pain has pretty much gone  and can finally sleep on back with out the severe leg pain,still have back pain but not the burning pain. I getting a little frustrated that I have pain at at all......... I have been out of work since my operation due to job requires lifting. I think I have to much time on my hands  to think. Can't wait to get back to work!! but very scared that my pain will return as soon as I start lifting.

advertisement

Comments

• HI there, I am 10 days out from a microdiscectomy L4-L5 and I was great for the first five days.  No pain at all, just incisional - mild.  I am not bending, twisting and even wearing a brace because I had this same procedure the first of December 2017 and apparently somewhere along the way it reherniated.  I really wasn't too aware of it because I still had quit a bit of pain and zinging in my right leg and back post-op.  That seemed to slowly get better so I think your symptoms are normal but then my symptoms slowly got worse and worse again and that's when I thought something was up.  The redo I had tens days ago is all together different.   I had no pain at all in my back or leg and 5 days later I felt something wasn't right and over the last 5 days the pain has gotten a little worse especially when I pivot my hips just a certain way - more forward.  It really zings and at times my left leg feels like it's going to give out.  Maybe I am okay but just paranoid because I reherniated the first time.  If I have re-herniated again I don't know how I did it so what the heck.  But as far as your symptoms I think you are okay.  PT will help just make sure your symptoms are slowly improving even if you wax and ween through some of your symptoms.  I am happy for you.  Don't reherniate.  It's a big bummer and now I am worried I have done it again.  Does anyone have any thoughts on my situation.  Is it normal to go from really good to not so good at all??  Thanks

• Did you have any pain 6 weeks post surgery. I always have a bit of pain nothing like before!! Leg pain is pretty much gone. I really hope that you didn't herniate it again. Keep me posted.... 

• advertisement