Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Response to leg/thigh pain after spinal fusion

newpath2nnewpath2 Posts: 1
edited 03/12/2018 - 2:30 AM in Recovering from Surgery
[edit]
I just had a spinal fusion 2 weeks ago where my disc was removed from an incision made on the left side of my body and I am now finding I am dealing with severe pain in my upper front part of my thigh in my left leg. It can be so painful I cannot walk (put pressure on it) and/or very difficult to seat myself on a toilet or get into bed. The pain sounds very similar to Amanda's - it hurts, burns, and is numb feels hard as stone but sore to the slightest touch.

I am very confused & upset as to why this is happening - I was doing pretty well my first week after surgery limited use of pain medication and walking at least a half an hour every day but now I am only getting worse doubling up on the pain medication and quit walking as my leg hurts to much.

Has anyone else have or had this experience?

Help!

Edited by Liz, Spine-health Moderator To remove what is deemed at medical advice

advertisement

Comments

• hi newpath2

welcome to spine-health

nerves do not liked being compressed from disc injury and also objects after it is released during surgery.  nerves heal very slowly, so patience during recovery is very important.

try to keep to walking and mobilising going every day if you can.

however, if you think your pain is excessive or not normal, you need to contact your surgical team for advice on your condition.  there are no medical professional on this site.

if you would like some support and interaction with members recovering from surgery, please link with our surgery buddies groups, under forum topics and just add a comment to join in.  reading other people's experiences can sometimes help understand the pain you are experiencing after surgery.

two weeks is very early in recovery, so try to be kind to yourself and take all your medications as prescribed by your doctors.  if the medication is not helping, please contact with team for their advice.

i have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules.  there is lots of material to research that will give you the power of knowledge.

welcome to spine health

aj 

AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017