Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What do i need to know?

I fairly recently met a woman that I have a romantic interest in and she told me she has Scoliosis. I would like to try to have a long term relationship with her so I think it prudent to ask the obvious question. What do I need to know so I don't A) harm/hurt her and B)offend her? I appreciate any information that can be provided.

advertisement

Comments

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,433

i would avoid asking "what's wrong with you" (but that's a pretty obvious one!).  If you love her, you will love all of her, regardless.  One thing that may happen is she may end up in a lot of pain at some point, and pain does make one cranky (from experience) and short tempered, and depressed, and if her scoliosis is very visible she may be very self conscious about it. 

Since i don't know what she is like, and if you want to ask her about it, since she mentioned it to you already it sounds like she's willing to talk....

one thing to make sure you understand is "getting" scoliosis is not her fault.....it's not that she stands wrong or slouches, or sits wrong....it's not a thing she can just "fix".  and the "fix" if she ever needs it (depending on how bad it is) is extensive (i just went through it....it's not fun).  If she hurts, be understanding and help her with stuff.  if she has mobility issues offer to help...but if she says no, don't push it....just offer.  otherwise have fun!  treat her right LOL. 

anyways,  that's the way my hubby treated me, and we've made it 15 years married now....complete with a 10 level fusion to "fix" me....

Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair.