Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Nikolas Lampron

Hello. I’m 19 years and suffer from a herniated disc, L4 to L5. I need help because im in extreme pain everyday from the sciatic nerve much more than the back. Not everyday is terrable but somedays I literally can’t walk without my cane, and PT isn't working . I think do to my age, no one takes me seriously. Even the doctors I've seen make me feel like im wasting their time, they wont even give me cortisone injections. My MRI shows that the herniation isn't very severe, but I literaly cannot even describe the pain into words. Its been about 8 months now and its getting worse by the day. It is taking over my life and I can feel myself going into depression. I just need some advice from someone who actually can relate to what i am going through. I feel like everone around me thinks I’m overplaying it but they have absolutley no idea what it’s like. Someone please help me.

advertisement

Comments

• tjlazerttjlazer TacomaPosts: 44

Have you gotten an MRI to see what is going on?  You can get a 2nd and 3rd opinion if you are not happy with what they are saying.  How bad is the disc bulge?  Is it less than 8mm?  What you can do to help is some traction or inversion therapy to try to decompress the disc and allow it to heal.  You need to be aware of the huge risks of ESI's in the back, they are NOT FDA approved for use in the spine (only on joints like knees and shoulders)  The benefits are not worth the risks!  You have to be your own advocate now and try to help yourself as much as you can.  Doctors are not magicians.    You can turn this around you are young enough. Most of us are old and it's a lot harder as the DDD is severe.