Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Discharged - HOW TO GET A NEW ONE???????????

I was just recently discharged from my PM for being short on a pill count, as I was taking more earlier in the month due to increased pain in my back.  My question is how hard is it going to be going to another PM, given these circumstances?  They encouraged me to seek another PM and said they're going to send me a list of other doctors.  I asked if I would be "black listed" and they said no.  What are your experiences going to another?  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

advertisement

Comments

• Honesty is the best policy and I think you're going to be asked a lot of questions.  That being said, a referral from one doc to another would certainly help your cause.  Don't be surprised if you're prescribed non-controlled meds for a while until the new doc can get a feel for what kind of patient you are. 

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,081

Hello kluboski
    Welcome to Spine-Health

We have had these discussions so many times before where a member has been discharged from PM. Always take your meds as prescribed. At least they are going to refer you to other doctors. All you can do is tell them the truth. Before you sign a new contract carefully read it, ask questions if you have to before signing it. And try not to get discharged again.
    If I may ask, why are you in pain management?

Please click on the Welcome link below and Tutorial to get you started on the forum.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Nothing but Mobic and Biofreeze for you, young man, until 6-9 months have passed.  :p

I’m just joking.  :)

I agree that honesty is the best policy. 

You may want to explain the situation to your PCP.

He or she may be able to be of some assistance. 

Good luck. Hope you get a positive outcome.