Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lamenectomy discectomy

Hi everyone. I recently had a lamenectomy /discectomy on l4/l5 level on 3/14. So far recovery has been ok. I do my walking like I'm supposed to, feeling pretty good so far just a little soreness at the incision site. So far I've noticed that i am able to walk straight (before surgery I walked as if I was drunk) the numbness/tingling in legs and feet has reduced some. I cannot wait to see how I feel as time goes by. My question is how long did it take those of you who have had this procedure to really tell a difference in before and after?  

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,354

steffy

I remember noticing a difference at 2 weeks. But I did not want to push it so stuck with doctors orders. At 6 weeks I knew I was going to be fine. No more numbness and no more pain.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Sandra, does that mean you still had leg pain after your surgery? Just wondering.  I’m not even a week post surgery but finding it’s still bad leg pain.  Feeling afraid.

• advertisement