It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I recently Jan 2018 had MRI that showed Herniated L5-S1 and stenosis.
I went to Specialist because the pain had gotten really bad, maybe because I tried too much heat and exercise maybe I just injured an already herniated disc I had for years.
I mean it was excruciating from Jan-Feb sometimes so bad I could not sit or sleep laying down. Walking even jogging did not hurt.
After Phys therapy and some meds didn't really help, I agreed to schedule a ESI with an experienced well regarded pain center.
Problem is it would be three weeks to get in. By now the pain has went way down, maybe because in part passage of time, I no longer use heating pad, I dont try and run the pain out.
Maybe I am just not pushing because the memory of pain is so great. Now I wonder if I should have waited longer?
Part of this is I am plain scared to have needle in my back, maybe I should have waited it out. It is still painful just not as crippling as it was.
Is it wise to cancel? or am I impeding my long term progress? Keep in mind I have put off dealing with this for at least a year and only because I could not drive without searing pain did I finally get it looked at. My gut tells me suck it up and do it and see if it helps me get more active, sleep better and lose weight. In phys therapy I learned I have terrible balance and muscle imbalances, I have lot of trouble with the one leg things and exercises, yet I can run around 9 9:30 miles pace without trouble even 30lbs over weight.
Ahhh, sorry I am just scared and wonder. Some people on this site have it so much worse maybe I am overreacting.
Thanks for any feedback