Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Middle of my Scitica Journey

advertisement

Comments

• Just wanted to update everyone because it’s been a while. I had a relapse about a month ago. Pretty severe actually. My doctor gave me one more round of steroids and it got me on my feet again. For 2 weeks now I have been doing physical therapy for 2-3 times a week and it has been helping immensely. Walking is a very important part of my PT and helps. Icingy lowerback for 15 minutes an hour is another important part of my progress as well. I would say that 95% of the day I am pain free. The times of the day where I am in pain are after reliving myself in the morning (I apologize for the tmi) and wiping. The twisting motion really sends the pain into my leg. The other time of the day when I am in pain is after my walks. I still can’t walk more than 100 yards without the searing pain in my leg coming. The upside is that I can make it go away. I do stretches and or just simply sit or lay down to get the pain to go away. Which isn’t huge for me. I would lay down a month ago and it could take an hour for the pain to go away. So right now I am all about building strength again in my back. 

• Hi Sal!

I have rad all your post and understand your frustration with the tingling and numbness in the legs. I injured my low back 2 years ago on July7!

I have been battling the severe pain in my low back from the beginning! The sciatic pain in my left glut and leg has built over time! I have done the injections, the physical therapy and had a decompression procedure last July! I never really had back pain before the injury! This kind of pain I would never want anyone to have to endure! Mine is a workers compensation injury so that in it’s self adds loads of frustration to the battle!  

I recently had a facet injection ( week ago yesterday), and will be going back to my orthopedic today bc the pressure in the low back is horrible and the butt and leg pain has intensified! 

I guess my point in posting is that I am encouraged by your positive attitude! I know that is a huge part of the battle ( I seemed to have lost mine somewhere along the way)! Hang in there! And take care!

Sandy

• advertisement