Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

food

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
What kind of soft food should I eat when I get home. I know icecream would be great, but I cant live off that. Surgery is Tuesday the 19. I cant wait to get rid of the pain in my arm and start living again. <:P
advertisement

Comments

• thost3, when I had my surgery, I could only drink warm broth for the first week. My throat was just too sore to eat solid food. You can make some pretty good broth with the beef or chicken stocks and bases available today. I don't recommend bouillion though as it is loaded with sodium.(salt) Hope this helps.
  • thanks
  • advertisement
  • My sister in law is a speech pathologist, so she sees many patents post surgery. She said dairy will increase mucus---which can be a big problem.

Dave had no problem with soft foods the first week---jello, lasagna, mac and cheese. Believe it or not, even chicken is considered soft. You can find a list online thru google.

Linda MI
  • And still do sometimes is soups, mashed potatoes, jello, pudding, and I even drank things like instant breakfast.(That way you are still getting vitamins and nutrients in your body.) Shoot I even drank the slim fast drinks(Wal-Mart brand isnt that bad either) I did have problems eating chicken and still do even after chewing for ever it seems like.
  • advertisement
  • it or not, some babyfoods are good. I used to steal the kiddies plums and applesauce all the time. Nutritious as well! Couldn't stomach the srtained peas or carrots, though.
  • so they must have not changed since my daughter was a baby 21 yrs ago.
  • Of baby foods? I used to steal both of my sons!!! LOL Man those bananas, peaches, applesauce, plums YUMMY!!! :)))
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.