Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Desperate

Hi!!! I have had 2 back surgeries and know i have a bulging disc and my sciatica is bad on my right leg, i did to spinal inyections witj no relieve so my pain management doctor send me Cymbalt. I have been taking it for a week 30mg one per day and im still feeling my sciatica! How long would it take to kick in?

advertisement

Comments

•  I'm not sure when Cymbalta fully kicks in, but you should ask your doc how soon to expect any relief. There's a chance you may need it adjusted, or possibly have to try another medication. It's trial and error when it comes to pain management. Gabapentin or Lyrica are commonly prescribed for sciatic pain. I couldn't tolerate either. Muscle relaxers are great if you also have spasms with your leg pain. Try using a heat pad or an over the counter topical cream with lidocaine. 

Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS