Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Failed Fusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had ACDF C4-C6 in October of 2007. This cost me my marriage, job and now, with the pain never having left, a myelogram shows that the lower disc hasen't fused and the Dr. wants to operate again. This is the same Dr. who has put me through h### since the surgery because he said my pain should be gone. He has constantly stopped and started my pain meds and basically treated me like an addict since the surgery. I finally had to got to the Office Manager at the Drs. office and have her talk to him, after I brought up his past malpractice suit for operating on the wrong disc, to get him to do the myelogram.
My question is, should I continue with this "Dr." or find someone else? I am in constant pain and do not want to go without meds anymore waiting to see another Dr. Should I go behind his back and get someone else?

Thanks for any input.


  • is to find another doctor. I had one that would not listen to me or the PT when he was told that the problem was more likely in my neck than my shoulder. So when PT was making my symptoms far worse I ended physical therapy and found a different doctor. Don't feel as if you're 'going behind his back'. You are searching for better care for YOU. Good luck and I wish you well. :)))
  • I would find a new Doctor. If I where you get all your medical records and any MRI's you have from the old Doctor and bring them to the new one. When you go to the new Doctor just tell him you want to be fixed and fixed now. You have to be in charge of your body and make them listen to you. Remember the squeeky wheel gets the oil
  • advertisement
  • Absolutely get another doctor without batting an eye!!! Get all of your records, mri's, xrays, etc etc from the old one. Please keep us posted as to what is going on.
  • Hiya,

    I think you know what you should do! I think this is such a delicate and serious surgical area we are constantly seeking approval and confirmation we are doing the right thing. If you know your doc has made mistakes you are not going to be as confident in them as you ought to be.

    Don't waste any more time and find another doc who you have confidence in. Spine surgery is bad enough and not an exact science.

    I am sorry it has cost you sooo much. I hope you are still strong, you will get better, you just haven't found it yet!
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,786
    I had one surgeon under treat my neck condition .... caused another 1.5 years of severe pain ..... Go see a new one .... get local referrals .... don't return to the scene of the 1st crime.

  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.