Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Post Operative limitations

What are the post operative limitations? I have a trip planned for June and going to see doctor in two weeks.

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,660

Hello dolltopp

Welcome to Spine Health

Your discussion is very vague, please give more information.

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

All new members should take the System Tutorial 

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Hello dolltopp,

I am new here from a few days ago and am sympathetic to your question.  Do you have a surgery date yet?  Mine is April 12.  I have read everything and have scoured many of the forums, especially the detailed patient experience accounts from several years ago.  My doctor is very vague except when it comes to no Bending Lifting or Twisting.  I am especially concerned because my daughter is graduating college on May 11 and I would have to travel to airport, fly 3 hours, get through airport on other side, deal with crowds, etc and after 4 years of limited mobility, some other health conditions and the SCS implant I have been trying to get as good a picture as possible as to what I will be able to handle after about 4 weeks.  My doctor thinks I should be able to do it unless I get an infection which of course is not able to to be predicted.  Happy to compare notes.

good luck whatever stage you are at!

• advertisement
  • I am now about 6 weeks post SCS implant.  The first 2-3 weeks were more painful that what I expected, but I think each persons body is different in how it responds to the wires/battery...so it could be different for you.  The bending forward and twisting limitations are legit - I'm not sure that the wire is actually moving when I twist, but it sure feels like it is being pulled.  I have tried to be as careful as I can for these past 6 weeks, as I didn't want to create any complications.  I still have pain at the top of incision on my spine where they inserted and fastened the wire. Muscles around it are also very sore.  I have a little bump at the top of the incision where the muscle has really tightened up into a little ball.  I am hoping to be able to start physio in about another 1-2 weeks to start strengthening my muscles again and get back to being able to walk/sit/drive etc for more than 10mins at a time.  The stimulator itself is already working very good for the nerve pain though.  I will be going back to the surgeon to have it reprogrammed (once inflammation is down, etc) and then it should work even better.