Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain completely changed?

spez1989sspez1989 Posts: 2

On Tuesday I might have been in then worst pain. I had been suffering with sciatica symptoms for months on and off. I told the whole story in previous posts but in a nutshell I hurt my back in August and it got worse and worse until I shoveled snow and the pain became intolerable. 

On Tuesday I went to the doctor. The pain was so bad I had to lay down in the back seat to get there. I couldn’t sit or stand at all. My only comfortable position was laying down prone or on my back. After 5 minutes of hot knife electric pain in my left leg i decided I had to lay on the floor of the waiting room. That’s when everything I feel changed. I think I might have gotten up too fast possibly or the continued agrivation of the exam and car ride home. I was prescribed prednisone, a muscle relaxer, and ibuprofen. I can confidently say that the symptoms in my left leg are possibly 100% better. However my right leg is a problem now. And it’s not the pain I’m used to. My lower back is extremely sore I have pain when walking but it’s behind my thigh and again it’s an agrivated sore pain it’s more difficult to walk than it was before. My heel and right below my calf is numb. When I flex my foot upwards what assume is my Achilles’ tendon hurts. Also laying on my stomach which has been the most comfortable position for months is now arguably the worst position. Lying on my right side and back somewhat are the only positions I am comfortable in and I still can’t really sit. 

Has anyone ever had the pain and symptoms shift and change like this? It’s really strange and distressing. 

Thank you. I hope every one finds relief from this horrible pain and good luck.

Sal

advertisement