Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Question and treatments

Hi guys and gals I’m new to board but have always come here to not feel ‘alone’.  My story at 37 blew out my L5 disc doc wouldn’t fuse me as I had additional 2 levels L4 and L3 with DD and a slight bulge at L4.  Fournately the artificial disc had came on market and thanks to god my insurance approved the surgery.  Loved that I kept my flexibility.  However within a year developed nerve issues and more back pain have been in pain management since I was 38.  I’m no 50 and take narco 10-325 4x, Belbuca 75mg, and just recently switched to Lyrica.  I know my L4 is going as nerve pain hits my knees like someone is taking a blow torch to them.  My pain doc brought up putting in a spinal chord stimulator and wonder anyone’s opinion on them?  My meds help knock down my pain but like most of you I suffer in the mornings greatly until I can get moving and knock down pain.  It’s very doubtful they would operate on me to fuse me because of it would have to be at least two levels but I’ll leave that to the professsionals.  I’ve taken narco for so long it really isn’t as effective.  Belbuca is ok but hate the way I take by putting inside mouth on cheek.  Lyrica will see but it cost $400 a month for 30 days and add that to the Belbuca at $190 and I’m up to $600 without other meds I need.  So like to hear opinion on the SCS and what others have had success with.  So for ramble wanted to be transparent.

advertisement

Comments

• Hello Sgriff

Welcome to Spine-Health

Please use the link below for more information about and inside Spine-Health while other members read your post

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Thanks for welcome William

• advertisement
  • I don't know about the spinal simulators but name brand drugs like Lyrica you can got to the website and download a discount card and generally get them for a lot less.