Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Fed up

im so frustrated I can’t work the meds don’t seem to help and I’m waiting for ok from insurance company to get injections and hope they help can’t afford to do much else right now since every time I go somewhere I am responsible for 20% of the cost and with not being able to work this out of pocket is killing me. Ugh just needed to vent and I’m sorry I just didn’t know where else to vent. These daily headaches and neck and shoulder and arm pain makes it so difficult to do anything except keep heat on it. Tried ice but that doesn’t seem to work and heat only works when it’s on once I remove it the pain is back. Not sure how much more I can take of this. Im a very strong person and I normally can take a lot and it doesn’t stop me but this time I am having a very hard time.

advertisement

Comments

• Hi shyann30144

You are welcome to vent on here anytime.  Chronic pain can be very wearing and everything that comes with reduced ability just adds to that, finance being the most worrying one.

I hope you hear from your insurance company very soon, to get your treatment started.

I have always found that nerve pain prefers heat and inflammation prefers ice.

Reading on this site, especially in Surgery Buddies groups helped me so much to deal with the waiting game before my surgery.

Take care and keep us updated on your injections

AJ

AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • Sunflower_gurlSSunflower_gurl Posts: 21
    edited 03/29/2018 - 12:01 PM

I certainly understand your frustration! I am waiting for a medial nerve block around C6-C7 for the sites you described. It will be the 24th of April before I can get it. I have to have an epidural on the low back first due to the pain is daily and the neck symptoms come and go day by day and depends on what activity I do. So, I have to "baby" myself to get through each day. I would like to add I spent several years confused about my shoulder pain. I thought all my pain was coming from it until recently. I find out last week it is due to facet joint atrophy in my neck causing all of my shoulder and limb pain! I have found the muscle relaxer Soma to be my best treatment until permanent pain relief can be done.  

• advertisement
  • I did get my epidural on the 11th which did absolutely NOTHING but cost me $524 and  now suppose to get a faucet  injection. I hate spending money like that for Nothing. so even more frustrated now