Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Weakness in Calf and Numb side of Foot after Sciatica

Hello all - I am new to this site and would appreciate some advice/thoughts. I developed sciatica about 8 weeks ago on my left side, presumably caused by a back problem. Long story short, I had meds from Dr and the horrible pain has gone. However, it has left me with a very weak left calf and I still have numbness in the outer part of my left foot. It is getting me down as running (I jog three or four times a week) and It is stopping me. I also am limping a bit as a result. Is this natural after effects of sciatica? Will strength return? Should I be pushing the Dr for an MRI scan etc? Help - I just want to get back to normal!

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,473

hello weller1730

have you discussed the proper exercises with your doctor to work on your calf muscles? an mri may help to reveal where the pain is coming from, so that's a possibility.
    below are 2 links to very good articles on sciatica.

coping with chronic sciatica

while you are waiting for other members to reply, please click on the welcome link below and the tutorial to help get you started on the forum.
    welcome to spine health

all new members should take the system tutorial 
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • If you can you should consult your doctor about it. I am not a doctor and you should take what I say with an ocean of salt. That being said most likely since you were favoring your right side most likely you have some muscle loss. It seems like if you keep working at it you can build it up again. However talk to your doctor if you’re really concerned.

• advertisement