Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Failed laminectomy

I had a laminectomy on my lower back on Feb 6. I have been suffering with continued leg/foot pain since the operation. I'm now taking Gabapentin 300mg 3x a day and its not helping. I'm 65 and up until all this pain came on last October I was an active walker. I am so discouraged after going through all the steps for treating spinal stenosis and not having relief. Now my doctor wants to have nerve tests done to see if I have nerve damage. I had no hardware put in my back ..he just removed bone to allow room for the nerve running down my spinal column. Has anyone else had this experience. Will there be an end to my pain? I need to go back to work! I am a flight attendant and we do so much bending and lifting. I'm at my wit's end. Thanks!

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,443

Hi acbelmar
    If your surgeon removed bone to give way for room for a nerve, you have no idea how long or how bad the nerve had been compressed. If this is the case, the test should confirm any nerve damage. You also have to consider your age. I'm not saying you are old (I'm 69) but we don't heal as fast as we once did.
    I have permanent nerve damage so I know how it feels. But I hope you find relief soon.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • It’s now been 2 1/2 months and I’m still in so much pain. It’s mostly in my knee and top of my foot. My nerve test is May 9 th. If I do have nerve damage what can be done? I need to get back to work but I can’t like this! 

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,443

I assume this will be an EMG test. Below is a link for you to read that you might find helpful.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History