Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Workman’s comp



  • Ya I know how frustrating WC can be, and I am waiting for my dr office to call me back after they send the referral to WC for my authorization to go to pain management, so now I have to wait. You are so right about the hoops we have to jump through but not much choice but to follow what they want. Just hope they don’t take forever to let me go.

  • Ask your attorney if he can find you a WC doctor who specializes in pain management and who only sees injured workers. 

    That’s a win-win for you because that type of WC doctor will not only manage the ongoing medical portion of your claim but also can prescribe medication (if needed) every month. 

    And every appmt will be paid for 100% (regardless of what conditions are allowed in your claim).

    Whether or not your meds will be covered by WC will depend on what conditions are currently allowed in your claim. 

    If the only allowed condition in your claim (currently) is a strain or sprain then it’s unlikely WC will cover any medications.

    Keep on pushing forward. Please keep us posted.

  • advertisement
  • Thank you for your advice I will surly check on this

  • Shyann, Everything L4L5 is absolutely correct! Your company was wrong to put you in a position that exceeded your limitations that the surgeon set to begin with! You do need to tread lightly until your attorney gets a handle on this. If not your company will say that they don’t have a job that will accommodate your restrictions.( ask me how I know this). Get your attorney first, then let him/ her guide you! It gets very legally in-depth at the point your at now and it’s bestto have a good attorney to help and guide you. You don’t want to handle this by yourself. Most W/C attorneys work on a contingency fee so no money out of your pocket. This new injury will probably end your career with this company and that’s why I can’t stress enough about a attorney!!


    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

  • Yes I’m sure I have a good attorney and I know my career will be over at my current job since my surgeon has already told me I will not be able to continue with this type of work. That’s my fear if I can’t do what I have done my whole life not sure what I’m gonna do it’s hard to start a new career after 50 and  with no college degree well nobody wants to give you a chance. It just sucks and I am just taking one day at a time and hoping and praying for the best. My surgeon is sending over referral to Comp for pain management. My surgeon does a lot of work for WC patients but he hates the way we’re treated, and it’s nice to have a dr who truly feels for you. 

  • advertisement
  • I was 56 when I was medically retired from my career and yes it was impossible to find anyone who would hire me with my restrictions and type of surgery I had. I’m fortunate that I had a pension plus was approved for SS Disability 1st time around even without a attorney on that one.Mainly because I had done just 1 line of work for 30 years and didn’t know anything else. Plus they advised I was to old to be retrained in a meaningful occupation.


    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

  • Yes I have only done physical work where I lift 40 + pounds occasionally and my surgeon says I won’t be able to do that anymore and I was so happy when I was able to find a job that agreed with my restrictions and then they put me in a position where I had to lift more and now I’m injured again. I have always been so independent and paid my own way even after I got married I still always liked working and paying my part and I hate this so damn much. I never thought at 53 I would be in this position. My original neck problem started after a car accident and I never thought that would totally ruin my life. Just one stupid driver wrecked my life. Did you deal with depression and if yes how did you handle it? Thanks for talking with me it sure helps

  • Shyann, after surgery I went into a deep depression which is quite common for anyone going through spinal surgery, and after I was medically retired went deeper in the depression hole as I call it. Everyone looks forward to retirement but it’s different when it’s unexpected. You find out who your true friends are during all these periods. It took me a year to finally see sunshine again and get over it but it all will pass. Hang in there and keep us posted....David


    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

  • Thanks, yes I was also so very depressed after my surgery and then I felt really good when I was able to work again and now after this new injury here I am again and I will hang in there and look for the light at the end of the tunnel. It’s nice to know your story it does give me courage that even if I can’t work again there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I will continue to fight through this. Thanks again

  • Depending on what state you live in you should be able to change to a new WC doctor if you’re not happy with your current WC doctor. 

    A few WC doctors own their own practice and are not biased toward the insurance company. It’s in your best interest to see that type of WC doctor (so that you have at shot at being treated fairly).

    You can always ask your lawyer which WC doctor he recommends in the area for your POR (Physician of Record). 

    Your POR’s opinion on your degree of impairment, i.e., how disabled you are, is VERY important to your claim. If the only WC doctors you are seeing are beholden to insurance companies it’s highly unlikely their opinions are going to reflect the true extent of the impairment created by your work injury. 

Sign In or Register to comment.