Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Occiput to C2 fixation or C1 C2 fusion?

Comments

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 941
    yubby24 - Thanks for the 17 days post-op report on your occiput-C3 fusion.  I'm glad for your sake the positive status. 

The next three months are also very important, the initial recovery stage.  Please resist the urge to rush your recovery.  Hopefully, you can find a balance between slowly increasing activity and needed rest.  Hopefully, your surgeon has given you some guidelines. 

• I'm glad my surgery went well. The doctor did advise me to limit my activity just yet. Slowly do exercise to bring back my neck's muscle strength. I am also doing some walking and brisk walking sometimes.I hope everything goes well for me. 

• advertisement
  • Pleased you have had your surgery and your on the mend, the muscles have been cut so of course they will take time to heal. you are probably back to driving now, just take your time, I plan my journeys in the car and if there is a place I can’t see properly I don’t go there again, I would rather go with the traffic lights even if it means it takes longer. I bet your pleased that you went through the operation, you can start living again. Best of luck to you

• This is my almost 4 months post-op. I feel better than my previous update. The sore feeling is still there sometimes but not so much pain than before. I am can drive again now. I was able to hit the beach last month and it was awesome. Never had a good dip for over a year. My next visit to the doctor is on the 13th December. Hopefully I can get back to work by January. 

Thank you myrajstone for the kind words. I am now slowly getting back up from this challenge in life.

• Hi, been gone for awhile so missed lots of your posts, looks like your outcome is really good,  Im fused from C0 to C7, lots of hardware and such, been since aug 2015, gotta say life is very good, I drive, work search and rescue and several other activities, I 72 years old and now it looks like lots more,  4 months out you should be doing well and not the learning curve begins, lots of little things but all workable with creative thinking, and lots of humour.  Best to you and your continued recovery.  Enjoy this holiday season.   take care and be safe,  piperbill  

• advertisement
advertisement