Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

5 years an 2 back surgeries later

Hello, i am new too here and was wondering if anyone is going through or has gone through something similar. I am 28. I had my 1st back surgery feb 2016, i was a cna ... i had 2 mri's the 1st one didn't show nothing an i begged for a 2nd an it showed  i had a par fracture and herniated at my L4 - L5 and had a decompression fusion. I was back at the gym an pain free in a month and a half after. 2017 i started getting bad pain again in my lower back an left leg. I did Pt a few times until my doctor decided to do a mri it showed i had Spondylolisthesis i think it was from my L4 to S1 . I ended up having surgery on halloween 2017 fusion an allograft along. Its been over 6 months post op now and  i was pulled from pt because i was in tears. The pain is worse then both surgeries before and after. I can't sleep and sit and stand nor walk long at all. I am even incontinent :( I had a lower back an pevic mri done recently and nothing showed. Now he ordered an EMG . its just frustrating and the big question is what are we missing or what isnt being seen. Maybe because i have alot of hardwear or i dont know. 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,359

hello nicole
    welcome to spine-health

i am so sorry. there are so many young people that have spinal issues, it's really sad. if something is being missed you need to push your doctor to find it. don't let it go as "nothing shows up". there are different kinds of mri's, even standing, sometimes even an x-ray will show something.
    i know it's frustrating but please don't give up. hang in there and be persistent. 

please click on the welcome link below as well as the tutorial to get you started on the forum.
    welcome to spine health

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • @memerainbolt

I didn't know there are different mri's. I am defiantly going to ask for a standing one. Sense i feel pressure standing up and sitting down is worse. But thank you for taking  an commenting. Its appreciated 

• advertisement
  • An the x rays are showing nothing at all. They never did for me. Even the fracture only showed on the mri...maybe i need contrast