Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Back strain

Hello

Hoping to find some helpful advice here.

Among other things I enjoy powerlifting. I am far from competitive but I enjoy the exercise. 

Abut 8 weeks ago, while back squatting, my hips came up too quickly and all the weight of the bar went straught to my lower back.

It was quite twingy for a while and went to a physio about 2 weeks after (6 weeks ago). I was given after few stretches to do to stretch out the psoas, and pirformis muscles. I have been doing hem pretty regularly and they do give me quite a ot of relief. 

Since I started I have felt my spine cracking and popping and my muscles twitching and 'bubbling' while I am lying down. Neither are painful and I took it as after good sign of things slipping back into their normal place and strained muscles relaxing.

However, in the mornings I still wake with a very achy lower back. This, as I know many people will be familiar with, is a miserable way to start the day and makes me feel that I am not making any progress at all. 

I have been to chiro and back to the physio who gave me some different stretches. I have added these in to my schedule. I stretch at least once a day for about 30 min,  sometimes twice

Again they help, but the effect seems temporary until the next morning. 

Sometimes when I stretch the left side of my back tingles but I imagine that is normal.

The physio mentioned tge possibility of a bulging disc and tested for it it but it doesn' seem to be the issue.

Can anyone offer some advice, it has been 2 months now and I am getting quite frustrated 

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to respond

advertisement