Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Help with low back pain

I'm a 21 year old male and I have been suffering from lower back pain for about 3 months now. It first occurred when I was doing abdominal exercises that required me to push my legs straight into the air while I was laying on my back. Ever since I've had a pinching pain on the right side of my lower back. The pain hasn't been unbearable and I have continued to workout but have been avoiding lifts like heavy squats and deadlift. 

Recently I have been training and getting in shape for my job as a wildland fire fighter. Hiking with a thirty pound pack up some pretty steep country almost daily. Surprisingly this hasn't agrivated my back at all and actually makes it feel good when I'm done. I've been doing alot of stretching and taking ibprophan to help with pain and inflamation. Most of the pain comes in the morning when I'm just waking up or when I'm lifting heavy objects. I'm going to be running a chainsaw for most of the summer and am worried this might hurt it more. I've been looking into getting a back brace and have also thought about going to a doctor to see if they can help. Any suggestions to help me get back to normal and fully functional for this summer's fire season  would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of the nagging pain  even if it mild. Thanks for the help!

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,745
    edited 04/22/2018 - 1:22 AM

hello bendajo

welcome to spine health

a medical professional is the only one who can diagnose your problem and give advice, there are no medical professionals on the patients forum so we are not permitted to  give advice or suggest what is causing your back pain.

the main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

all new members should take the system tutorial 

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,366

Hi bendajo
    I agree with your statement to go see a doctor. With the career you have, and just starting, you want to be in shape. And a doctor could tell you if there are any underlying problems or if it's just muscles. 
    Please stay safe out there.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement