Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

C5-C7 recovery....questions..

Hello, I had a C5-C7 ACDF with hardware performed on March 13th this year. The dr gave me 60 5mg percocets, and I was instructed to take 1 or 2 every 4 hrs. Considering the amount of pain that I was in, they lasted about 5 days. I called his office and they called in a prescription of Tylenol 3, and I told him within a few days, that it wasn't helping. He then called in a prescription of Tramadol 50mg. It's not helping much, if any. And also was sent home with a prescription of Cyclobenzaprine, 5mg 3xday. I understand the opioid epidemic and all, but I am still in serious pain, and I'm being prescribed medication I'd rather not take because they don't work. I was wondering if I could see my PCP,  and be reffered to a pain management center? And to note, this is a workmans comp case. I'm not a 'pill-head'. But I am in serious pain, I'd put it at a solid 5 at any given moment, and later in the day, it climbs to a 7 or 8 on the pain scale. Just wondering if there are any alternatives other than 'just what the Doctor ordered'.

Thanks in advance for any replies, God Bless 

advertisement