Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Painful back and leg spasms and jolting!!

I'm 18, never been in an accident. Have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and PTSD. 

A few years ago I was working with my mom and we would work for over 15 hours a day doing extremely taxing manual labor and I started that at 15. Carrying and lifting things I shouldn't have or couldn't but did anyways. 

In 2016 I went to the chiropractor and they said I had some big problems. Some of which were degenerating discs in my lower back. He told me that I have nerve damnage in some placea my neck is curved wrong. And I have a possible case of spinabifida but he said he couldn't be sure without an MRI. Well I hadn't gotten one because I can't afford on and my Medicaid doesn't pay for it. My job doesn't pay enough to get one that isn't paid for. 

Well about 2 years ago AFTER I went to see the chirichiropractor I had gotten a jolting pain in my leg. It was a really hard jolting it would last for a few minutes and then end. Do it again 6-7 times and then stop. But still every night when I laid on my back.

Last week on Wednesday when I woke up, the jolting was in my back. Hard and it felt like I was being jump scared. My whole body jumped by itself for no reason and it's painful and it makes it hard to walk. My hips will pop really loud and painfully. And I just don't know what to do. I get this burning pain on the outside of my upper thigh and it feels like an iron is being held to my leg. I have had problems controlling my bladder more when I am in more pain. It's like I can't get a break with this. Idk what to do anymore. I

No pain medication works. I don't even want any either. 

The ER did NOTHING at all. Which really upset me. 

Anybody else have this issue??? And tips or anything? 

advertisement

Comments

• I have jolting electric shocks down my right leg. I also have severe spasms of my psoas muscle on that side. Can you go to a massage therapist to help identify trigger points and which muscles are spasming? May help to give e that info to your doctor.