Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Neck and spine pain: The (mis)adventure continues

So I've been to the ER about a half dozen times in the last six weeks. I finally saw a cardiologist who strongly suspects I have SVT, a faulty electrical signal my heart sends causing me it to beat fast and me to get very lightheaded.

During this time I've also had back and neck pain. CTs at the hospital all over showed disc degeneration, but insisted there was no stenosis and that my disc heights were normal. There are osteophytes in my neck, and I had two lower back bulging discs at the time of imaging.

My whole back, from the back/top of my head down has had some type of pain since this has been going on. I get occasional front of left leg numbness and top of left arm numbness. I also get some chest/back pain and nerve tingling.

I had an EMG on my left leg and arm today and it was normal. He recommended me for MRIs.

To those have had ACDF/PCDF surgeries, does any of this sound like you? Almost any type of seat with neck support makes the back of my neck and head tingle and feel weird. I've been going to PT for a few weeks but it doesn't seem to be helping much. I can barely sit on a car for very long!

advertisement

Comments

• Hi jab1023

Welcome to Spine-health

Please keep us updated with your results from your MRI's.

It is difficult to deal with something that nobody can find a definite answer to and something it is process of elimination!

I have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules.  There is lots of material to research on Spine-health that will give you the power of knowledge.

Welcome to Spine Health

AJ 

AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • My Doctor said no MRIs until I complete PT, but I only have about another week of that. With my health anxiety and SVT, it's been a very scary experience. I hope it's all just related to my disc degeneration and is nothing too serious.

• advertisement
  • So update: My Physical Therapist said there is no need for me to come in next week since I'm clearly not getting any better. She messaged my doctor that so hopefully now I can get my MRIs.

Does anyone have any stories where CT scans showed nothing major but MRIs found more?