Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Mis tlif had to be redone

After just three weeks, the Dr had to go back in to redo the surgery I had done on 2-26-18. Said that I was bleeding internally and the spacer/cage slipped and was pressing up against my nerves and spinal cord. After second surgery, u was doing great... Until last week.. Now I can barely sit up have lower back, buttock and right leg pain and loss of movement in right leg. This all started after I had a fall last week. I am beginning to think this was all a big mistake.

advertisement

Comments

• Did you go back to your doctor after you had the fall last week?  

10 level fusion T9 - S1 with pelvic fixation. Two titanium rods, 24 screws, 4 cages.

Firm believer in PMA

• yes I did. They started me on a steroid pack, which helped for a couple of days, but now not so much. I am due to go back to surgeon on the 29th of this month. If he feels as though there is nothing that he can do, I am going to request a referral to a neurologist and see if there is something that they can do to help improve my situation. Currently I can not stand up with out assistance, or sit down. I need to walk with a cane in case I lose my footing while walking. While I am laying down in bed, I am unable to raise either leg, the right one being the worse of the two. I can not raise my mid section while laying in bed...due to right side not functioning properly. I usually put my right hand and arm under my right butt cheek and move my mid section by using the left side and lifting with right hand and arm...It is very tiresome. By the time I am able to get myself into position  to get out of bed, I am already exhausted.

I never had these problems before the surgeries....what could be causing them now?  

• advertisement
  •  get a referral to see a different surgeon, I'm in the process right now I've had two surgeries done on my back first one wasn't successful second one same I was able to walk stand up and was independent now most of my body is numb and I feel like I made a mistake he's talking about doing another surgery but I don't see how I can let him